Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Journal #36

It is important to be yourself because if you act like someone you are not, you lose yourself.Acting like yourself can be really hard, especially as a teenager. You fell constant pressure to be something you are not, and that can easily change who you are, how you act, and what you believe in. In being yourself, you must find people that will accept the fact that you are who you are and will like you regardless. You need to acct like yourself because it is being true to the individual inside you, and expressing yourself no matter what people say or think. I like to think that I am myself all of the time, but I know that I act different around different people. Which is okay, but it is how much different you act that really says whether or not you are being true to yourself. Being true to yourself can also help you guide yourself in the right direction. If you stick to what you believe in, and gradually as you get older grow and extend on those thoughts, morals, and beliefs, then you can make yourself into a strong person. Being true to yourself makes you strong, which leads to a life of happiness. I think that it is important that we stay true to ourselves in order to keep our heads above water, if you will. By this, I mean that if you lie to yourself and do the things that you inside know you do not believe in, then your just keep getting more and more overwhelmed in the lies you tell yourself, and eventually you are no longer yourself, but a person the people around you that influenced these decisions have made you into. I try to keep to my morals as best as I can, but it is very hard sometimes to do this. I think if you can make it our of high school proud of who you are, then that is yourself, and you should stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment