Friday, March 1, 2013

Journal #35

My writing in The Declaration of Independence Reflection blog was very choppy and did not flow very well.I had very short kind of insignificant paragraphs, and they did not really seem as though they made an essay. Although they did not flow, I used very good examples and support for my arguments. My thoughts were well organized and easy to follow. In my discussion post, I had many topics, whereas the reflection blog there was one focused topic to write about. In the discussion post, I had fewer support examples because I was covering more topics than before. In the discussion post, I had more direct quotations than in the discussion post, and in the reflection blog, I used broader examples and talked about them. I kind of talked about a specific section in the Declaration of Independence, and then made a broad overview of that section. In opposition, in the reflection blog I had a quotation from one of Whitman's poems, and then I went on break down the quote. I did a broad break down, and then related it back to the point I was trying to prove. I think my writing has improved a little bit, but these were hard essays to compare. The kinds of writing were very different because int he reflection blog, I was just telling how the Declaration of Independence had examples of the topic. In the discussion post,I was comparing and contrasting Walt Whitman's writing to the characteristics of Realism and Regionalism writing, talking about how Whitman revolutionized American literature, and how Whitman's poems were showing his search for Self that he believed in. Overall the writing is somewhat different, but also a little bit similar. They were kind of the same in my examples and the support to back them. I had a good post when I  wrote my reflection blog and I had very good support and examples. On my previous blogs compared to now I have improved a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment