Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Journal #13

        I found the Franklin Virtues Project very frustrating. I sent at least a dozen and a half emails to my group and did not get one reply in return.It was also frustrating because there was no other way to contact the Farmington kids, because the email was blocked at school, and they probably do do not usually check their email at home frequently. I was not sure then how to go about doing the project because I was not getting any feedback. I just had to wait and hope people did what they were supposed to. When they finally did get things done, it was not what I asked for as the video editor. First of all I asked for the videos on Wednesday along with their citations. I did not receive any videos until Friday and never got citations. I guess what I learned from this project is that if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. In order to improve this project, first of all it would be much easier if Farmington would unblock their email. This way we would be able to contact each other in class and get things done quicker. Being able to see more examples would also be very helpful for a guide.This project was interesting because we got to see different opinions from people that we were not used to and maybe saw a different perspective on things. Overall this project was not really my favorite, and could be better with some improvements. One thing that did make this easier was the Google site. The site allowed us to see what one another were posting and how far they were on things. I was able to get information off of other group members' pages that I needed to put into the video.  We just really needed to be able to contact each other in a more efficient way and be able to be on the same page as each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment