Monday, November 19, 2012

Journal #18

      As I pondered the multitude of eyes beaming at me from the magnificent creature, I gazed beyond it to the rolling meadows, burnt from the hot summer sun. I leaned back as the creature buzzed around my head, resting on the hard ground beneath me. The creature settled on my nose. As I got a closer look at the creature, I noticed its deep purple, scaly skin, its wings so thin they were translucent. I scrunched my nose and the small creature took off from my nose and into the stark summer air. I rolled myself off the ground and continued to walk through the dry meadow. As i walked, the creatures below me startled and flew around my legs as the cut through the tall grass. When I arrived at the river, the deep blue water glistened in the bright sun. I dipped the very end of my toe in, feeling the temperature. The cool water soothed my warm, sun kissed skin. I gradually walked further and further into the river. Finally all the way in, I leaned back and closed my eyes, taking in the cool breeze, coming from the water, and the fresh smell of the forest. I swam further and further down the river, when I heard a pouring of water nearby. As i continued on, I felt mist getting thicker. The water settled into a deeper cool, colliding with a thirty foot water fall. Large, slick rocks surrounded the area, framing the waterfall. Beyond it I could see an opening. I swam to the cave, and stepped onto the rock, careful not to slip. Looking up, I saw the dark, musty cave walls, covered in old pictures. I looked around in amazement, studying the clay covered walls and dripping crystals hanging above. The sound of the drops hitting the ground and the waterfall rushing behind me were the only sound I could hear. I rested my eyes shut and took a deep breath in.

No comments:

Post a Comment