Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Journal #26

One time when something did not turn out as I expected was on my birthday. In December, my friend had texted me saying that I should come over on the night of my birthday and we would watch a movie and I could open my present.  I had to come over later in the night, eight o'clock I believe, because she had to work late. She also said I could not spend the night because she had to go to church in the morning. I was fine with that because I had taken the ACT earlier that morning and was exhausted. After dinner, I was going upstairs to grab some things before I left for her house, and my mom asked if I was wearing that, a sweatshirt and sweatpants. I said yes not thinking anything of it, but I later decided that i should probably put jeans on and I threw on a new shirt. When I got to her house, which is just down that street from mine, I parked my car and knocked on the door. She greeted me, but I took a couple steps inside when some of my other friends popped up and yelled happy birthday. I was very surprised and not expecting it at all.  my friend later told me my mom was on her way with pizza and that she had helped her plan it for a couple of weeks. My other friends had just found out about a week ago, and somehow all managed to keep it a secret. They had parked their cars down the street, just in case I saw them. They had also been there for about an hour, because I am know for being early for everything. It ended up being a super fun night, and we all stayed the night, but spent most of it talking. I think what made it so fun was that I was not expecting that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment