Friday, January 18, 2013

Journal #27

If I was miles from home defending my country, I would feel lots of emotions. I would feel scared first of all. Being in an unknown place so far from your home is enough to be pretty scared, but put the fact that you are fighting in a war, it makes it even scarier. I cannot even imagine being in a war type situation, with guns blasting, and shots being fired every which way. I imagine it is overwhelming and life changing. You could never erase the image of people being shot and killed or wounded from your mind no matter how hard you try. I would be scared everyday and every minute that I could lose my life and never see my family again. Family brings me to the next emotion I would feel, home sick. I do not usually get homesick if I am away from my parents for a few weeks, but I cannot even imagine being away for years on end. I would miss them so much, and even though there are ways to contact them, it would not be the same at all. I am sure I would cry a lot, and from a result of crying probably get sick . Sickness would also be something I would be concerned about. I feel like that big of a change in your diet and atmosphere would probably make you very sick, adding to all of your other emotions. I feel like if I was away and my family remained at home, I would feel like I was missing out in so many things. I would miss my little cousins growing up, possibly marriages, and deaths. I would hate myself for missing such important events, even though I knew I was doing something for the good of the country. Overall I really cannot even imagine what people fighting in the war go through, and are truly heroes. They put themselves through so much and do not get nearly enough appreciation as they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment