Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Journal #33

To reduce stress I have to do certain things to take my mind of whatever it is that is stressing me out. If I have a lot going, or a big thing to do, I often become stressed. To get myself out of this mind set, I do one of a few different things. One of the main things I do is go to my room and watch a short television show on my laptop. This gets my mind off whatever is stressing me out, and it allows me to clear my mind and come up with new ideas. Another thing I do is to watch a show on television in my living room. This way I do not get to comfortable like I do on my bed, and allows me to be able to get up and keep going. The third thing I like to do is go take a drive somewhere. Turning my music up and being alone makes me fee much less stressed out and makes me calm myself down a little bit. I often go to Walgreens and buy myself something sweet. Treating yourself is a good way to make your mind come back down to earth. I think that when we get going in the week and start getting busy, it is very hard to calm down or slow your pace down, and it easy to get stressed quickly. When we take it step my step and think about the importance of the thing we are doing in the long run, it usually is insignificant to be putting so much pressure and stress on yourself. Although the things I mentioned before are great stress relievers, sometimes we have to just push through the hard and stressful times. You just have to get through it and if you think about it it makes it easy to do so. Just say to yourself that it will be over soon and it is not worth getting worked up about.

No comments:

Post a Comment