Monday, April 8, 2013

Journal #39

Over spring break I could not really do too much because I had soccer during the week. I had two soccer games and a few practices during the week. I really wish that I was able to go somewhere warm, because until the last couple of days, it was pretty cold. For Easter, I also stayed in town because my dad had surgery a few weeks ago, and did not want to sit in a car and drive to St. Louis to go see my grandma and family down there. So we stayed home and made blueberry pancakes and had a nice Easter to ourselves. Our soccer team on Thursday had an Easter egg hunt at Centennial Park. A few of the girls hid eggs and we all had a race to find them all. It was very fun. Other than that, I worked quite a bit on the weekends and spent some time in the boiling hot nursing home. The elderly people do not like to be cold, so despite the fact that it was seventy degrees outside, we could not open any of the windows. During our soccer games, we tied against the Riverton team, and lost to Williamsville. They were both tough games, but I think that we could have beat Riverton for sure, and possibly beat Williamsville if it had not have been so darn windy. That is the bad part about soccer. The wind can play a huge part of how the game turns out in the end. Overall, my spring break was pretty boring. I really wish I could have gone somewhere in Florida, or maybe to New Orleans to see my cousin. I only have one more year of soccer though, and then I can go to the beach all I want. I can then have total relaxation time to myself and enjoy a break from school. Until then however, I will just have to have boring sring breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment