Sunday, August 26, 2012

Journal #1


How the dog got his wet nose. The dog had arrived in a town after a long day of traveling, and was very thirsty and dirty from all his running. He decided to walk around town, and  search for some water. As he walked into town, he saw the cat sitting on the stairs of the library cleaning her paws and approached her.
The dog said, “Could I ask a favor?”
“No, I’m busy,” replied the cat and continued to lick her paws.
The dog sighed and continued down the road. Next he saw the raccoon, digging through garbage in the ally.
The dog said, “Could I ask a favor.”
The raccoon looked up annoyed and stared at the dog. “Why would I do something for you? Do you have something for me? Then I would do something for you, if it was worth it.”

 “I do not have anything,” replied the dog, “but I could repay you somehow.”
“The only way you are getting anything from me is if I get something from you. So I guess you will have to find someone else to bug, but not the horse,” the raccoon snapped returning to the garbage.
The dog was exhausted and getting more and thirstier from his long journey, but continued on until he spotted a bird, perched in her nest with three young baby birds.
“Good morning ma’am,” said the dog hopefully. “Could I ask you for a favor?”
“Why hello there,” Said the bird, “I cannot possibly leave my babies right now. You will have to ask someone else, but not the horse.”
Disappointed the dog did not know who else to ask. Everyone said to not ask the horse, because he had a reputation for being very mean, but the dog was desperate.
He approached the horse and said, “Sorry to bother you, but can I ask a favor?”
“Well of course you can,” replied the horse surprised.
“Wow,” Said the dog.”Thank you! Everyone said to not ask you. All I need is some water.
‘Of course you can! Everyone assumes because I look intimidating that I am mean, but I am really not. The water is over there; help yourself to all you want.”
The dog drank all of the water he could, and when he was done his nose was very wet, and he and the horse laughed and talked all night, and eventually became close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment