Friday, September 28, 2012

Journal #11

The set of virtues in which I live by were roughly outlined by my parents. At a young age, my parents taught me what was right and wrong, but never forced any strong virtues on me. They taught me to be accepting and nice to all people, regardless of age, race, gender,religion, sexual preference, or their own set of virtues. They put those set of virtues on my brother and I, and as we grew older we got to pick and choose more of our own virtues. For instance I believe that everyone has a right to be who they are or want to be. Some people do not believe in this, but my parents do, and I believe that they are right so I do also. Another virtue that I have is that I try to be as nice as I can to everyone. Even if I do not like or agree with them, I try to put myself in their situation. Everyone has things going on in their life, and you may not know, so I believe you have to be accepting of each individual person. Another virtue I live bu is that I try to not let others influence the way I act, am, and dress. In high school and middle school, it is easy to go along with what is popular, but my virtue is that I try to remain my own person. Another one of my virtues is one that I hope to pass on to my own children one day, along with many others. It is okay to be someone that society does not expect and ask of you to be as a person. For example, society thinks men should be manly and not show their emotions, but I hope to show them, and do myself, that you can be who you want to be. If you want to be emotional, be emotional, it should not matter what is expected of you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment