Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Journal #4

    Usually when my family goes on vacation, we take a plane. When we do drive, although it is not very fun, we get to see some interesting things. On shorter trips, like St. Louis, I like to look out the window while we drive. I like to look out the window because I can recognize things on the way and if anything has changed. When we drive a much longer distance, like when we drove to Tennessee and New Orleans, I do the same thing only these times I look for interesting things, because I am not used to the drive. For example, when my dad and I drove to Tennessee, we saw a mattress in the middle of the road. We still laugh about it, and always find it funny when we see odd things in the road now. Trips are about making memories with the people you are confined in the car with, and it gives you time to think about things on the way. 
       When we travel by plane, things are much different. Instead of making memories with the people you are with, it is more about seeing things from a new perspective. Not only do you get to see the world by thousands of miles in the air, but you get to think about your life without any distractions. This time is very valuable because in our busy lives, we do not often get to sit down, relax, and think about the aspects of our lives. Traveling may seem very stressful to some people, but I find the thought of being alone with music and your thoughts very peaceful, and valuable. Every time I go on a trip I think about my life and what I want to do to it, which is why I enjoy traveling so much. Although the trip itself is the most fun part, it is getting there that can in some cases be the most relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment