Sunday, September 2, 2012

Journal #3

If I were captured and help captive, like Mary Rowlandson did in her narrative, I feel I would feel much different than she did. Mary Rowlandson was treated very well by the people who captured her. In the modern day, I feel as though no one that is captured would be treated nearly as well as Mary did. If I was being held hostage, I would first of all be very scared. I would most likely get very nervous and attempt to calm myself by trying to figure out where I was being taken, and how i could possibly escape or be saved. Mary got to keep one of her children with her, but in modern day, the people who were holding you hostage would probably take anything you had with you away so you had no opportunities to escape. I would probably cope by reassuring myself that people have noticed I was gone and were looking for me. I am sure that sometime in being held hostage I would have many doubts and get very scared. I feel as though the longer I was being held hostage, I would become more and more afraid. I would probably cry most nights, and think it was all just a dream. This would probably make me want to sleep often, so I would not have to think about being away from my home, family, and friends. I would try to get myself rescued anyway I could, so everywhere I go I would try to get help from someone. Once I was finally saved from the people or person who captured me, I would be so relieved and happy to be home. I would spend a lot of time after that at home with my family, afraid to go out. The time I spent at home would be very sacred to me because I would feel safe. Mary on the other hand did not really feel the way I think I would. She made nice with the people who captured her and figured out how to make her time easier, which I think would be very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment