Monday, September 10, 2012

Journal #6

     Repercussions for blaming someone else for something they did not do. can be very bad. Once I blamed my brother for breaking one of my mom's vases. I felt very guilty when my brother was defending himself to my mom. Before my brother got in trouble I told my mom it was me and I got in trouble for not only breaking the vase, but also lying about doing it. This is almost the worse thing you can do. Unless you have no conscious, if you blame someone for something they did not do, you will end up feeling very guilty. Even though it seems like a good idea at the time, and you feel like it will not affect you and you can go free without getting in trouble, you will live with the guilt. Guilt is, in my opinion, the worst feeling ever. I feel terrible for what I did, and usually even worse for lying about it, or blaming it on someone else. I have not blamed things I did on other people very many times. I have learned through the guilt it is something that I should not do, and now I will no longer do so I do not have to feel guilty. Another time I did this was when my mom made cookies for our family, and she wanted us to save them for the small family gathering we were going to have that weekend. She came home form work the next day and noticed that there were some gone, when she asked me I told her that I did not do it and it was probably my dad who was home all day. She was upset at him, but never confronted him, so I never admitted it was me. I do not still live with guilt obviously, but it is an example on a much smaller scale about how this kind of thing can affect other people more than it can affect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment